Mayflower's take on a southern style fried chicken fakeaway!
1. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1 inch think wedges. In a large bowl, mix the wedges, oil, chilli powder, dried coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Ensure the wedges are fully coated in oil. Place on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes (180ºC-200ºC / Gas Mark 4), turning every 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix the flour, salt, chopped chilli and ground black pepper in a bowl. In another bowl add the panko or crushed corn flakes, in a third add the beaten eggs.
3. Chop the chicken breasts into evenly sized strips. Individually coat each strip in flour, shaking to remove any excess. Then dip the strips in beaten egg and finally coat in panko or corn flakes.
4. In a frying pan heat the oil until piping hot, place a few of your strips in the oil at a time, turning regularly and cook until well browned, take one strip from each batch and cut in half to ensure its cooked through.
5. In a sauce pan whisk 50g of Mayflower Southern Style Gravy Mix with 270ml of water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Once cooked put the sauce into a bowl/ramekin and place in the middle of a board or plate.
6. Surround the sauce, with the goujons and wedges
This tasty fakeaway tea comes courtesy of @whatsianeats_sw, simple and perfect for slimming group members. Made with our Mayflower Medium Curry...
A quick and tasty Southern Style Chick 'n' Rice.
Perfect week night pick me up, from @eatwithella_
Chicken in Chilli Black Bean sauce, a Chinese takeaway classic made easy using our sauce. For an extra boost of...